Backstory on cities in UDU?
This is probably one of the more sane threads in section 8, especially compared to (Removed in compliance with the Ban cannon)
[Image: XD95GQJ.png]
"You cannot send a friend request to yourself"
Honestly, this isn't Section 8 worthy.
IL-WI DU: Kenosha and Pleasant Prairie creator
makes games and stuff, yeah.

*BUMP*
GERARD FERRY:
In 1965 there was a need for a way to cross the Indian River. At once, some ambitious men built a town with a ferry port.
However, the popularity caused massive traffic problems on 322. So, the Delaware DOT agreed to extend DE 41 past Centralia, to Gerard Ferry in 1970.
This solved the traffic issues. However, the town slowly declined in popularity, and the big hit came in 1987 when the Delaware DOT extended I-80 to Harriston, which redirected traffic onto I-80, which negated the need for Gerard Ferry as a 'rest stop'. Moreover, the Delaware DOT announced they were adding an auxiliary interstate of I-76 in 1995, which would run through Newark and onto I-80. This required a bridge over the Indian River, which massively redirected traffic to I-476. And in 2000, the Kirkwood Bridge was converted from a pedestrian bridge into a road bridge, and DE 41 would run on this new road. However, with small business springing up in this sleepy town and the construction of a fairly large hospital and a car dealership, as well as a beach, Gerard Ferry became a popular stopover for Delancy Gorge tourists.
*Bump* I'm confused why this is in Section 8.
Road geek of all places
Meade Hills. In 1879, a large war occured in the Maryland flatland at what today will be Meade Hills. The previous Nomtauk tribe living on Alan Island had to leave, due to a massive wildfire that spread all throughout the island. They were forced to move south to Meade Hills, because it was a suitable piece of land of living, and it was far enough for the Nomtaukians to not have constant wars with the Masonsvillians, or so they thought. The Nomtaukians were under threat with the Masonsvillians because Masonsville kept becoming bigger of a city, due to large economic growth. And so the Masonsvillians heard about the Nomtaukians' new home, and got jealous. They marched and marched to the land and the Nomtaukians fought back. The war ended in 1882 when the Masonsvillians were defeated, due to the Nomtaukians smart plans. The ones who weren't defeated ran back to their city. And soon, in 1893, a settler named Frank Meade wanted to borrow some of the land the Nomtaukians owned. By this time, there was already a civilization on the land, called the Namnomtaukia (the new Nomtauk). Meade wanted to change the name due to surrounding cities (like the new Bethany Beach industrial center), teasing and mocking such a name. The Nomtaukians let Meade give a new name to their city. It was called 'Meade Hills', due to some parts of the land being on hills.
Who wants Chicken Nomtauk for dinnero?

Well, it is available at Alan Island's best cafe - for Harriston's sakes! Shy Angry

Bordenville

When the British colonised the U.S.A., they started putting settlements on the East Atlantic Shore left and right. When the state of Delaware was established, being the first American state, Bordenville was one of those settlements. The British chose a place that was arably abundant yet near to sea.

[Image: Sh5T4Tn.png]
Miles Driven: 3,000+
XP Level: Close to hitting 100.
(10-19-2019, 02:19 AM)BradTheHalcyon Wrote: Bordenville

When the British colonised the U.S.A., they started putting settlements on the East Atlantic Shore left and right. When the state of Delaware was established, being the first American state, Bordenville was one of those settlements. The British chose a place that was arably abundant yet near to sea.

i know youre from new zealand and dont really have too much knowledge, but massachusetts was the first to be colonized and states weren't truly founded until post succession from the british in 1776, i dont think delaware was settled by europeans until a couple years after massachusetts
- NotPancake

Long time UD player, own a lot. Have every gamepass.
Oh, okay! Thanks. 
  • The message is too short. Please enter a message longer than 30 characters.

[Image: Sh5T4Tn.png]
Miles Driven: 3,000+
XP Level: Close to hitting 100.