Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Backstory of UDU Cities
Bordenville:

Bordenville was founded in 1801 by John Newark's sons. It never really developed to what it is today for about 200 years for which it was a village. Bordenville's population started to explode when people from Harriston and Newark started to escape the high cost of living. These people were mainly now commuters that drive from Bordenville to Newark or Harriston and some entrepreneurs looking to start a business in Bordenville. As of result, the town tripled in size and the town had a legit economy at this rate. In 2009, an exit on 1-76 to connect to I-95 was completed to benefit the growing economy and to help alleviate the jammed packed road of US-40 East. A new world class hospital opened in 2016 due to overcrowding in the old hospital. Bordenville's main industries are medical, retail, and transporting goods. To this day, Bordenville has and is still growing.

Population (est 2020): 34,654
Woodbury:
Woodbury was set up in 1664 by residents of Woodbury, Harrishire, it was a mostly a temporary settlement for those who were going to emigrate to Harriston. During the war of independence, there was no fighting, as revolutionary troops took the town with no resistance. During the War of 1812, Woodbury was little more than a farm and a couple of houses. This was where the famous battle of Woodbury took place, where 42 British soldiers were stormed by 1800 American troops, with American success as the last four alive stormed away and fled to Canada, this would fix vital mistakes made and would lead to the success of the Battle Of Rorke's Drift, in Natal. It was at it largest in the 1930s but gradually fell to a ghost town, however in the 90s most derelict buildings were demolished, while the houses in the battle burnt down in the 60s the barn still exists.
"Zulus! Thousands of 'em!"

[Image: wQU2Hgl.png]
CoA w/ all the blood links to I have countries
Elk Mills: Elk Mills was a town founded in 1867 by Tom Hartson. He had set up a farm in Maryland, just north of the newly established Masonsville, which grew to a population of 200,000. He was born in Britain in 1824. He came to Maryland to examine American cities and their architecture, to detect differences, and to post it to the paper back in Britain. However, he stayed and settled, became an architect, and took place to build a new city that will 'become the centerplace of American society', named Masonsville, after the masons who sponsored to construct the city. This was 1846. Fun fact: There was a 17th century village in the place of Masonsville named, "New Pontsylveland (bridge of the forestland)", but it was demolished as the big city took construction. In 1855, Hartson retired, as the city was in completion. He ran a farm a little north, halfway to the Delaware border. He built a factory that processes elk meat as a business (since there were a lot of them in the area). He named it Elk Mills.

Today, the elk processing plant has become a museum, and you can get a tour! Elk Mills is known for its "meat savage" restaurants, and the most known gets five million visitors a year. Every Thanksgiving, it's not the turkey, it's the elk feast! And there lurks a massive festival.

Population (2010): 87,785

Land Area: 46 sq. mi.
We're out of Chicken Nomtauk. Go to Bordenville for spoiled milk, or SEE YOU IN CAPE DANN! Angry

Awwwww. This business should go to da Worstover Islands or da Bethany Bleach.  Wink
Monroe
The Carolinian Railway and Locomotive Company wanted to start a great business that would traverse the Mecklenburg Area. As they founded their town, it's roots were extremely locomotive-centric. The township was founded on Freight and Passenger trains. It has since grown due to the popularity of the Historic Locomotives and has now become a great city centre to visit.

Deals Gap
As a new transport service between North Carolina and Tennessee was being demanded for that would go on the banks of the picturesque Little Tennessee River, the government of both states had worked on it. A transport link was established. As the products getting over would need to stop in and to for gasoline or motor works; the gas station at the junction was founded. It soon made construction to a housing area now known as Bryson Home Road and Alabaster Lane.

[Image: Sh5T4Tn.png]
Miles: 3,000+
XP Level: Close to hitting 100
ODESSA:
In 1954 Bordenville was founded by Dave Odessa.
In 1958 Bordenville was incorporated 
In 1963 Odessa Hill Tunnel was being planned
In 1968 The Odessa Hill tunnel was built.
In 1971 US 1 was built through Odessa
In 1976 the I-95 and I-76 interchange was built
In 1982 the I-76 and I-95 interchange was replaced including the US 40 interchange at I-95
In 1985 the trucker spawn was moved.
In 1987 the US 1 was divided through Odessa
In 2003 Dave Odessa Died.
In 2010 there was an new dirt path leading from US 40 to MD State line.
In 2011 all roads and areas were remade
In 2012 Bordenville Beach State Park
In 2015 White Clay Creek and Betts pond was replaced and this resulted in the State Route 72 bridge over White Clay Creek getting replaced.
In 2011-2016 the I-76 and I-95 interchange was replaced due to the hospital being moved to that area, and this resulted of US 1 being remade in that area.
In 2016 The I-76 and I-95 interchange was Finished + the Hospital was finished.
And the population was 30K-40K
babyike09
That doesn't seem like the population is over 30 000 in the current map....
From Toronto
Founder and Owner of the Canrolinas Driving Universe (we need help)
The Canrolinas Driving Universe discord join the discord! CDU Flagship game
Currituck (Made this up)

Currituck was founded in 1897 by the Currituck family, as a permanent residence for new irish immigrants, the town started to get American and British inhabitants as well.
By 1914 the war had started and a lot of Irish immigrants who hadn't become an official citizen of the US had been shipped back to Ireland where they were forced to be conscripted in WWI, the population dropped from 10,000 to 8,500 in 1915. Though the population began to grow a year later. The population began to boom around the 1920s, with 2 slums housing the former veterans who couldn't afford housing. The small slum was demolished and replaced with a middle class neighborhood. The slums had already had a faster spread of Spanish Flu than the richer neighborhoods, which was one of the causes for it's demolition by the 1940s. Currituck had been slowly growing from 8,500-11,000. In the 1950s new hospitals were built, and new jobs were created for those who couldn't make a stable income, and by 1965 the town had a gas station and a small used car dealership. By the 1980s Currituck's first pop station was created, which had been extremely succesful, because most of the residents hadn't gotten a good connection to any other station. The 1990s come along and the slowly moving population boomed due to bigger cities having a higher cost to live. Currituck's current population before this was 11,500, their population after was 13,000. Currituck began to flourish during the early to mid 2000s, and by 2015 they were projected to grow by 2,000 residents before 2022.
14 Year old Canadian who builds US and Canadian games. 
I make videos on http://youtube.com/c/Gavvie