Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2018 Update Roadmap
(12-30-2018, 10:06 PM)UnluckiestSeven Wrote:
(12-25-2018, 08:30 PM)Joonas Wrote: Here's a "year in review" of sorts and a look at what was released and what wasn't!

(02-20-2018, 09:27 AM)Matt Wrote: NEW CONTENT:
- “Swagdad” map
- Cape Ann map
- Maps from our other game developers
- ????????????? (Secret surprise)
-  Race System (allows you to create point-to-point races with other players ingame)
- Electricified Vehicles / Charging Stations 
- Advanced Vehicle customization (stripes, wheel camber, etc)

NEW VEHICLES:
- WRX STi hatch, FR-S, Acura TSX, Lexus GSF, Lexus LFA, Cadillac CTS-V, Toyota Prius, Porsche Cayenne, Honda Fit, BMW M3 F80, Honda Civic Type R FK8
-JDM Update (Mazda RX-7 FD, Toyota Supra, Nissan S15, Subaru Impreza 22B, Acura NSX (1997)) 
-Tesla Model S (coincides with EV Update)

IMPROVEMENTS/FIXES:
- Tweaking of all current vehicle stats, gearing, etc. to match real life as close as possible
- Emergency Lighting Update 
- Popup headlight fixes (will allow pop ups to be closed and opened based on headlight state)
- Performance optimizations
- Improvements to DOT, Transit, EMS teams
- Meshed vehicles for any remaining brick models

So,
Unreleased:
- "Swagdad" map
- Cape Ann map
- ?????????? (secret surprise)
- Advanced Vehicle Customizations
- Out of the vehicles, the Acura TSX, Lexus GSF, Honda Fit, Mazda RX-7 FD3S and 1997 Acura NSX were not released (every single other vehicle was, though, which is impressive!)
- Working popup headlights

This year was the biggest year yet for UD I would say! We got an entirely new chassis, meshed cars, more than 80(!!) new cars, an expansion to the Westover map, new lighting, more accurate vehicle stats, new trees, map improvements, burnouts and tire marks, and more that I might have missed.

I guess that wraps up 2018 for UD in my opinion, can't wait to see what next year has in store! What I'd like to see most in 2019 is better acceleration on cars (some of the low end car's acceleration is horrendous, I get that they're cheaper cars but having to rely on BOOST to get a Skyline up the Delancy mountain is pretty bad), the popup headlight fixes and new cars (specifically newer JDM cars). Oh yeah, and I'd like to see more maps too.

EDIT: Just posted this and saw that PancakekillerYT had already posted his just 7 minutes before. Dang it! I'm still going to keep mine up because it has my thoughts on 2018 and what I'd like to see in the future, hahaha.

The bloody Trackhawk cannot climb up steep inclines without speed loss and that's pretty saddening.

As someone who plays a lot Delancy George, I can confirm. A improvement to the torque of most cars should be done before any new cars get added.
Nissan Leopard 870 Ultima GF31 3.0 V6 Twin Cam Intelligent Adult Coupe

^^this car actually exists^^
(01-02-2019, 01:59 PM)Starskiller233 Wrote:
(12-30-2018, 10:06 PM)UnluckiestSeven Wrote:
(12-25-2018, 08:30 PM)Joonas Wrote: Here's a "year in review" of sorts and a look at what was released and what wasn't!

(02-20-2018, 09:27 AM)Matt Wrote: NEW CONTENT:
- “Swagdad” map
- Cape Ann map
- Maps from our other game developers
- ????????????? (Secret surprise)
-  Race System (allows you to create point-to-point races with other players ingame)
- Electricified Vehicles / Charging Stations 
- Advanced Vehicle customization (stripes, wheel camber, etc)

NEW VEHICLES:
- WRX STi hatch, FR-S, Acura TSX, Lexus GSF, Lexus LFA, Cadillac CTS-V, Toyota Prius, Porsche Cayenne, Honda Fit, BMW M3 F80, Honda Civic Type R FK8
-JDM Update (Mazda RX-7 FD, Toyota Supra, Nissan S15, Subaru Impreza 22B, Acura NSX (1997)) 
-Tesla Model S (coincides with EV Update)

IMPROVEMENTS/FIXES:
- Tweaking of all current vehicle stats, gearing, etc. to match real life as close as possible
- Emergency Lighting Update 
- Popup headlight fixes (will allow pop ups to be closed and opened based on headlight state)
- Performance optimizations
- Improvements to DOT, Transit, EMS teams

So,
Unreleased:
- "Swagdad" map
- Cape Ann map
- ?????????? (secret surprise)
- Advanced Vehicle Customizations
- Out of the vehicles, the Acura TSX, Lexus GSF, Honda Fit, Mazda RX-7 FD3S and 1997 Acura NSX were not released (every single other vehicle was, though, which is impressive!)
- Working popup headlights

This year was the biggest year yet for UD I would say! We got an entirely new chassis, meshed cars, more than 80(!!) new cars, an expansion to the Westover map, new lighting, more accurate vehicle stats, new trees, map improvements, burnouts and tire marks, and more that I might have missed.

I guess that wraps up 2018 for UD in my opinion, can't wait to see what next year has in store! What I'd like to see most in 2019 is better acceleration on cars (some of the low end car's acceleration is horrendous, I get that they're cheaper cars but having to rely on BOOST to get a Skyline up the Delancy mountain is pretty bad), the popup headlight fixes and new cars (specifically newer JDM cars). Oh yeah, and I'd like to see more maps too.

EDIT: Just posted this and saw that PancakekillerYT had already posted his just 7 minutes before. Dang it! I'm still going to keep mine up because it has my thoughts on 2018 and what I'd like to see in the future, hahaha.

The bloody Trackhawk cannot climb up steep inclines without speed loss and that's pretty saddening.

As someone who plays a lot Delancy George, I can confirm. A improvement to the torque of most cars should be done before any new cars get added.

Surprisingly the GTO that was recently added does not incur much speed loss when travelling uphill, considering its specs and age. It also corners pretty well for a muscle car too.

I can't say the same about the 1969 Charger R/T however. Not only does it lack low end torque, but it even has extremely poor acceleration from STANDSTILL (in contrast to pre-Racing update where it had really good acceleration). The worst part is that this issue has been around for a while because the 69' Charger wasn't a very common vehicle to see use in-game anyways (as opposed to the 918, which had similar problems but actually was used by way more people).

Also, the Trackhawk has pretty poor braking power too, probably some of the weakest in the game currently.
[Image: 07e463d4a96fabb014c3b71ad855ad49.png]