Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roblox books, would you buy them?
Question. They were announced on the blog.

This might take the Minecraft route and kill off veteran players. I'm still going to buy it though better not be that expensive

You?
North Carolinian who wishes to be a New Yorker.

-NotPancake
(stats as of 9-16-17)
Money: $303,378
Miles: 2,627
5k+ bounty.
All cars owned except the Ferrari, Can Am and the One:1.
All gamepasses owned except Garage pass.
LOL ROBLOX BOOKS!!!!

What has the world came to at this point?
Was: Owner of NFS Driving Universe (NDU).

13 year old that lives in Arizona who likes the I-10.

Infinity Driving Universe admin and builder of Arizona/California.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NfsWanted2005...0549112832

You don't ever want to face me in a rap battle.
(10-12-2017, 03:48 PM)NFSMostWanted2005 Wrote: LOL ROBLOX BOOKS!!!!

What has the world came to at this point?

Just like no one thought Minecraft books existed, they did.

Now Roblox books did.

I would only buy a scripting and another one that sounds interesting (not basics or anything)

-NotPancake
(stats as of 9-16-17)
5k+ bounty.
Minecraft books are bad enough but Roblox books? HELL NO.

I'd rather burn them and use them as fuel for camping trips than read them
You know it's cold outside when you go outside and it's cold.
if its like a book on how to code in LUA or something, then i'd probably buy it.
if its a storybook kind of thing, HELL no.

also, i find the minecraft books decent.
hello I am "VeeTHis"

dont look down here
(10-12-2017, 06:08 PM)VeeTHis Wrote: if its like a book on how to code in LUA or something, then i'd probably buy it.
if its a storybook kind of thing, HELL no.

also, i find the minecraft books decent.

Same, but it's nearly in possible to do (i actually turned on my xbox 360 and tried how they look, failed with all except basic ones)

-NotPancake
(stats as of 9-16-17)
5k+ bounty.
I would never buy them. I already have enough books as it is, and if I need something to read, I can just go to a local library or my bookshelf.
Wait hang on, Is there really a roblox books?
[Image: W-KBYEv8S_eu6eoSvb-DQg.png]
Not sure how they would teach programming in Roblox Lua at any sort of advanced level. There are a large amount of gaps in any sort of usable information when it comes to scripting in Roblox, and as someone who is proficient in much more strict programming languages such as C# and PHP, I still cannot figure out how to make certain things work in Roblox. In particular, filtering enabled really complicates things because of the client/server aspect. I've worked with networking in C#, and I find client/server interaction vastly easier than anything in Roblox. There's also very little use for intellisense in the Studio script editor. For example, how would I know how to do something when a player joins the game? Intellisense is far too underpopulated with suggestions that make it so you have to dig through the Wiki, which is also largely incomplete in terms of examples and whatnot, to figure out how to write what you are trying to accomplish.

Lua itself is a rather simple programming language, however, Roblox's version of it is vastly more complex than even some of the more tougher programming languages out there.

A book would be nice if they managed to demystify some of the most common problems with scripting, but if you ask me, that Wiki should be updated with more useful content first.
~ Matt
Chief Implementation Officer | Chief Financial Officer | President of Web Operations
Ultimate Driving
The premier driving experience.