Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In the cities, can we spruce it up?
(09-01-2017, 01:04 PM)neddyfram Wrote: There should be a thing like if your car occupies a spot, you can't have a car spawn there
(also possible car robbery abilities?)

But then, what if a One:1 randomly spawns, and some steals it?
I wrote my signature in Comic Sans. Why? Because I'm an asshole.

Neddyfram, you brought up a good point, there needs to be some sort of detection on the parking spot so that the rare occasion someone actually correctly parallel parks a car doesn't spawn on them.
A Overjoyed Patriots fan in the heart of Northeast  Florida.
[Image: c9796293d71cc72d3d9ef6c0bff3b6c8.jpg]
(09-01-2017, 03:53 PM)Kitty_Burger Wrote:
(09-01-2017, 01:04 PM)neddyfram Wrote: There should be a thing like if your car occupies a spot, you can't have a car spawn there
(also possible car robbery abilities?)

But then, what if a One:1 randomly spawns, and some steals it?

Then, until they're arrested by the police, they can keep it, but the chances of a One:1 spawning would be very very slim.
[Image: 4lIEqYV.jpg]
(08-29-2017, 05:12 PM)Ian411 Wrote: -Pancake-
         I'm not saying putting a entirely coded car in the spot because that for sure, hands down would create a crap ton of lag, I'm saying just put the shell of a car in the paralell parking spot, that would NOT create a crap ton of lag.   If we were to go with the random placement of the car, that in my opinion, I feel would just be a bunch of un-needed code and work put into this.  Also the fact that it for sure would create lag.

Someone said this, can't remember who its been a while since I've been on, someone said they'd support if this was a modification of the spawners.  Its not.  Although, that gives me an idea, what if we did what Urbis did with the parking spots........ That'd be pretty neat right?

Ehh? Spawning cars only in places where it says "Public Parking" would be annoying. It only works with Urbis because Urbis is a very small map with alot of parking spaces.
well, the last signature was just bad.
True, Urbis can do that due to theirlow graphics and small map
It might be possible, if the cars were just randomly colored and chosen based on a weighted scale (so there aren't Koenigseggs and Porsches parked everywhere).The cars would be more like scenery objects and only contain the exterior; the interior would not exist and the vehicle would not be drivable. I don't think that for the purposes of scenery it would create too much lag.

So it's an interesting idea, plus it'll liven up some of the spots for more immersion.
~ Matt
Chief Implementation Officer | Chief Financial Officer | President of Web Operations
Ultimate Driving
The premier driving experience.
(09-13-2017, 08:21 AM)Matt Wrote: It might be possible, if the cars were just randomly colored and chosen based on a weighted scale (so there aren't Koenigseggs and Porsches parked everywhere).The cars would be more like scenery objects and only contain the exterior; the interior would not exist and the vehicle would not be drivable. I don't think that for the purposes of scenery it would create too much lag.

So it's an interesting idea, plus it'll liven up some of the spots for more immersion.

Another thing:

I don't want a parked car spawning over my actual car.

It would be nice including the license plates too, most being from the state the game is in and around the US/Canada.
North Carolinian who wishes to be a New Yorker.

-NotPancake
(stats as of 9-16-17)
Money: $303,378
Miles: 2,627
5k+ bounty.
All cars owned except the Ferrari, Can Am and the One:1.
All gamepasses owned except Garage pass.
Thank you for considering it, I think it's worth the shot because after you log x amount of hours in a game with a big city(Newark), and not seeing another player in the downtown it gets really plain and boring, so I think the random placement of permanent or temporary cars will really spruce it up.  

This just came to mind, The cars don't only have to be in parallel parking spots, there could be a handful out parked in parking lots around the map.