Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A word on harassment
Hello, Ultimate Driving

I'm a little late, so I hope you'll forgive me. I'm disappointed I have to write this in the first place, but unfortunately some people can't seem to understand why borderline sexual harassment on the Discord server is wrong. I suppose I'll start by giving a real-life example of what I'm talking about: catcalling.

Catcalling is frowned upon (as it should be) and I see no reason why it is any different in the Discord server. It exists solely to make people uncomfortable, and in some cases, feel threatened. Catcalling is almost never received positively, and I find it surprising that people think it should be any different in an online setting. It isn't necessary at all in any fashion. What makes it even worse in the Discord server is that the recipient is never any older than a teenager, in line with the demographics that play Ultimate Driving, which only makes it more intimidating for the person on the other end. It's not just a harmless comment or a "joke".

Finally, when we are trying to deal with someone causing problems, whether it be this issue or any other, please do not interject. We are trying to get an answer out of someone and your bluster isn't helping any. 

Regards,
Jaybird.
- Jaybird

LETS GO BLUES

Messages In This Thread
A word on harassment - by Orange_Jay - 01-16-2018, 08:48 PM